Posts Tagged cas
My development activities on mod_auth_cas have significantly reduced over the past couple of years. In trying to reinvigorate my development cycles around mod_auth_cas, I needed to deploy a CAS server. Deploying CAS is already pretty straightforward — install Tomcat, generate SSL certs, deploy the CAS war, and enjoy. However, I wanted to automate this process to make it easier to repeatedly redeploy a completely clean environment.
So, I have just posted jasig-cas-quickdemo to GitHub.
jasig-cas-quickdemo is a Maven project that does the following:
- Downloads and builds the JASIG CAS project,
- Uses the Maven Tomcat plugin, download deploy Tomcat 7,
- Generates an SSL cert for HTTPS access, and exports the public cert in PEM format for use by CAS clients,
- Launch CAS on the local Tomcat 7 instance, with the default username=passwored authenticationHandler,
- Grants access to the ‘admin’ account for the Services Management interface.
Try the following on Fedora 19+:
$ yum install maven git $ git clone https://github.com/forsetti/jasig-cas-quickdemo.git $ cd jasig-cas-quickdemo $ mvn integration-test
Then just point your browser to https://localhost:8443/cas , and you should see the default CAS login screen.
Check out the README for more information.